07/04/2016

Lots of Greenery

When day's off are rare, you really have to make the most of them, even if the weather isn't exactly what you'd hoped for! I had high hopes for the day since the beginning of the week had been gloriously sunny but of course when I woke up on Thursday morning it was a bit cold and grey. It is Scotland though so you just have to suck it up!


I'm slightly ashamed to admit that although I'm from Edinburgh I've never been to the Botanics before. I know its shocking! So glad I've finally ticked it off the to do list. I took so many photos but don't worry I won't share them all, just a few...

The glass houses are incredible! If you're planning a trip to the Botanics its definitely worth paying the £5.50 to get inside, but don't just take my word for it, go check them out!













The flowers matched my nails!!

By the time we'd wandered around the glass houses we were getting pretty hungry so headed for The Gateway Restaurant to grab some food. Check out the roof...theres something about the exposed timber beams that I just love, unfortunately they could only distract me from my hunger for so long.


It was a tough call on what to order, but I settled on the chicken burger on a focaccia bun, it was awesome.

We weren't going to order any dessert but when we saw the sticky toffee pudding arriving at the table behind us we just couldn't resist, so we compromised and shared one between us.

The food was really good and it was the perfect way to end the morning. I'm really looking forward to the weather getting a little warmer and the plants blooming a little more for my next trip to the gardens.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig