28/04/2016

Cakes & Shakes

I've got a short intro on a new place for you today, I first noticed it a couple of months ago before it was opening. I was driving past my old dance school and noticed the new windows that were being put it. I kept an eye on the place overtime; I kept driving by to try figure out what it was going to be. Then one morning I saw the sign 'Cakes & Shakes'. Well if you know me you'll know I love a good cake so from that day I couldn't wait to find out when it opened so I could pop along.

The interior is pretty simple with its wooden tables and mostly white walls, brightened up by strong pops of black and pink and of course the main feature at the back and centre is the stand full of cheesecakes! 

Matt and I grabbed a seat near the windows and quickly decided what we fancied to eat. We kicked things off with a couple of burgers, accompanied by a mix of normal and sweet potato chips - why pick one when you can have both.

Our burgers were pretty filling so we decided to have a couple of shakes and take some cake home for later, well it would be rude not to right. Oreo for me and Nutella for my brother. The shake bar is separate from the cafe so its really easy to pop in and pick one up if you're passing by. 

Cakes & Shakes is a great addition to Musselburgh, it's definitely not the best burger I've ever had but for £7 its good value and the cake selection has something for everyone and I believe they change their offerings on a regular basis. So if you're in the area and fancy a bite to eat or even just a little treat, you should pop in and try it out for yourself. In fact writing this has put me in the mood for a shake right now...




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig