14/01/2016

Lichtenstein at the Gallery

Despite the fact that I went to school just down the road from the Modern National Galleries, I had never been before, ok so I was only 12 or so and probably wouldn't have appreciated it but I should've been before now!

My day off last week was a little miserable but I was determined to spend some time with my brother before he went back to school so we settled for a trip to Modern One to the Lichtenstein exhibition. Yes I know it started in March 2015 but typical me I waited until a few days before it was finished to make the trip. 

We went at a great time, just after opening, it was pretty quiet and there were only a few other people wandering around so if you're planning on visiting I'd recommend heading down early as it did start to get a little busier before we left. 

Who knew my little brother could be interested in art, that was always more my thing....however together we devised some pretty genius ideas for our own collection of modern art. We are going to make a fortune! haha

 Its too bad the exhibition is gone now, it was great, but it seems like there is always plenty to see and you can spend some time in the resource room learning more about whats on display.

Yeah thats a slightly odd expression but I couldn't be serious with Matt being his usual colourful self. We soon decided it was time for a spot of lunch and couldn't resist a trip to the ever faithful Pizza Express especially for these dough balls.

Sometimes theres nothing better than some quality family time and I'm sure the Galleries followed by pizza makes for a good day out for anyone. If you haven't been yet, go check it out!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig