24/11/2015

After a 7 year break...

I can't believe its been almost 2 weeks since I last wrote, especially since I was doing so well with regular updates, I guess you could say life got in the way. The little free time I have has recently been spent dating or training, but the next few weeks in the run up to Christmas should just be good fun; I have so many exciting things to look forward to and I'm sure I'll share them with you.

A while ago I decided to take the plunge, quite literally, and enter my first swimming competition in 7 years.

OUCH!

Seriously I don't remember how I used to do that, after a whole day of swimming on Saturday my whole body was sore but it was totally worth it!

I had challenged myself to compete in 5 individual events including butterfly and then in 2 relay teams. I managed a bronze in my 100m breaststroke but really thats cause there were only 3 of us who chose to swim it (but lets not tell anyone that). However our freestyle relay team finished first! go team!

I'm so glad I did it, there were 12 of us on the team and hopefully our numbers will increase for next year, its great fun and it helps keep fit at the same time. Even if its not to compete I highly recommend swimming for exercise due to the low impact and full body workout!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig