08/10/2015

Why it's ok to fail

Don't let the title fool you, this is a happy post. After all that is what this blog is all about for me. I have just been doing a little reflecting lately.

Two years ago I started working where I am now and for the most part I love it, no one loves every single part of their job right? When I started there it was only a part time role that was on offer but I stuck at it and 7 months in I landed a full time role. Where is the failure in that you ask, well that came first.

During school and university I spent a lot of time trying to do what others expected and tried to make them happy. The more I tried the worse I felt, I was digging a very big hole for myself without even realising it. Without a degree and without any clue as to what I wanted to do with my life I moved back in with my parents and started aimlessly searching for jobs. I decided that I had to pull myself  together and thats exactly what I did. I started by thinking about what made me happy and decided to focus on that and it's the best thing I have ever done!

I now get to work as a designer, coach swimming, swim myself, go to the gym and spend my time off exploring this wonderful city I get to call home. Its not always easy but its so important to appreciate what you have and just enjoy every day as it comes.

So there you have it sometimes you really do need to fall down so you can stand back up again.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig