26/09/2015

Adventures In Boston

There was one day on my trip where four of us from school managed to meet up. It's amazing how easy it was for us all to just fall back into place, you'd never know it had been 6 years since we were all together and it will probably be another few years before we get the chance to meet up again so we had to make the most of it.

We booked into the Sheraton hotel in, near enough, the centre of Boston. If you're looking for ra place to stay I'd highly recommend it, the staff were very friendly and the location was great for shopping, eating and access to various touristy activities.

Anyways, Saturday morning came and we dragged ourselves out of bed, grabbed a starbucks from the hotel lobby and headed to the city centre marked by Quincy Market.

It's full of the most amazing sights and smells, from cookies and pretzels to lobster and beer. If you're lucky there may even be a few free samples to sniff out.

There was also some kind of car show going on right out front. We overheard a lady saying, in the worst English accent ever, "top of the morning' to ya' ". which Sara just thought was the funniest thing ever especially since I was there....don't ask. It was definitely amusing, although maybe I should've been offended at the stereotype, but hey it gave us a good giggle.

After a little exploring around the market place we headed to our meeting point for the Freedom Trail, basically a guided tour around the city led by a gent in a costume.

By the time we were done with the Freedom trail we had certainly worked up an appetite and we knew just the place for some food. I'd been waiting all week to head to the cheesecake factory, but my logic definitely paid off. I figured if I held off till the four of us were together then there would be more cheesecake to sample. BEST IDEA EVER!!

We had to restrain ourselves from nibbling on the bread that the waiter brought us as we just knew we'd never manage our main course let alone pudding. When my main arrived I immediately knew I was in trouble, I ordered the cashew chicken with brown rice which was good but I'm sure it could've fed 3 people.


Of course it had to be washed down by a mojito, probably the best one I had on my trip.

After attempting, and failing to eat our mains, we had to save some space for our mains after all, the waiter brought back the menus for us to pick dessert. It was such a difficult task, I could've eaten any of them however I was under strict instruction, from my brother, to try the s'mores cheesecake.

Oh My...it was amazing!

My genius idea really was that! I also got to sample the salted caramel, banana, and lemon and raspberry. Mine was definitely the best though.

Needless to say we redefined what it meant to be full. From now on all meals will be measure in comparison to 'cheesecake factory full'.

We had to sit a while before we could even contemplate moving again, but when we did we decided to take our time and walk back through Boston Commons and public garden, which I don't think we had fully appreciated when our stomachs were rumbling at us.




We finished up our day at the harbour, watching boats come in and just generally appreciating the last of our day together.


All too soon it was time to say goodbye to Sara, then Kirsten, Taylor and I drove out to Cape Cod.










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig