07/12/2014

Secret Santa

Yes I know its still only the beginning of December but I just love Christmas, the 25th of December is quite possibly my favourite day of the year so any excuse to start the celebrations early is very welcome.

Since I'm moving in a week (yes again, but this is the last time for a while I swear) I knew I wasn't going to have much time to see friends. So we took the opportunity this week to go out for dinner and exchange our secret santa presents. We all agreed to stick to £10....this was so hard, seriously when did things get so expensive? Anyway after making a tenner stretch as far as possible, I wrapped up the present and headed to Jamie's for some good food and a catch up.


Apparently when these restaurants first opened they had a real problem with people stealing these napkins...I thought a photo would be enough.

We were starving but decided there was no way we would manage 3 courses so settled for a bread basket to share to kick things off. While we waited for food we chatted and sipped on cocktails.

Before our food arrived we decided to exchange our secret santa presents, although it wasn't much of a secret as there was only the 4 of us. I must admit I always like to know who got what for who, so I didn't mind it wasn't so secret. As my secret santa handed me a bag I was informed "its Despicable Me themed, but it's not what you think" I must admit I was slightly confused at this point but as soon as I opened it up, it made complete sense.....



"ITS SO FLUFFY!!!"

Its one of those microwaveable things, great for the cold nights in Aberdeen and it really is very fluffy.

After the excitement over a pink unicorn I was really ready to eat, and with that our food arrived, we dove right in and barely said a word while we wolfed down our mains. After shovelling the food down we all sat back saying how full we were, but when the waitress came back offering dessert we couldn't resist temptation. 

The Lemon cheesecake and a cappuccino was the perfect way to end such a nice evening.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig