27/10/2014

Rainy day in Newcastle

One of the best and worst things about high school was meeting people from all over the world. It means that one of my closest friends lives all the way across the Atlantic, so you can imagine my excitement when I found out she was spending a few days in the UK earlier this month!

Unfortunately timing only allowed us to catch up for one day.....she was in London and I live in Aberdeen so of course the best solution was to meet half way in Newcastle.

We timed it so we both arrived mid morning at the train station, I was so excited to see her I almost cried, its been 4 years since we were in the same place, now that is way too long!

Unfortunately it was a miserable day so we decided to be the ultimate tourists and get on one of those big red sightseeing buses so that we could at least say we saw some of the city....as it turns out there isn't much in Newcastle apart from bridges.
Millenium Bridge

After our little tour around the city we decided to do some exploring on foot and take in a few of the sights we'd spotted on the bus. One of which was an art gallery, but when we found it, it was closed so that blew our idea of getting some culture! We decided a nice cup of tea was in order to warm us up a little and so we could continue our much needed catch up.

Check out this rollerskating horse we came across! so random, I just had to take a photo

I can honestly say I don't think Newcastle is the most exciting place I've ever been, apparently the night life is amazing, but we both had trains to catch at 7pm so we thought that was a bit early to drink before that. 

Anyway the whole point of the day was to catch up with Taylor and I'm just so glad we got the chance, it doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing, its the company that matters and I can't think of anything better than spending the day with an old friend.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig