03/08/2014

Glasgow 2014

How good were the Commonwealth Games? 19 gold medals, 53 in total. Go Team Scotland!! I think 4th overall is pretty good behind England, Australia and Canada. There were some amazing moments throughout the games and thats what its all about.

Of course the highlight of the games for me was the swimming, particularly Ross Murdoch and his 200m Breaststroke medal. He's been swimming so well all season and he definitely deserved that gold. I wish I'd been there to see that, but our tickets were for the heats on the last day in the pool.

We travelled over to Glasgow on the train, when we arrived there were some very friendly volunteers pointing the hoards in the direction of the pool.

We arrived and took our seats just as the warm up was finishing.


So we didn't get to see our favourite events but the 200IM and relays proved to be great fun to watch particularly since we got to see two of Scotland's other stars. First up was Hannah Miley, followed soon after by Dan Wallace.





















The morning finished with the relays, our boys team definitely cut it fine for getting into the final but they managed to pull it off and thats all that matters.

It was such a great morning, and I'm so glad I got the opportunity to experience a home games, the atmosphere was amazing and I can't praise the volunteers enough, they all did such a good job.

I hope you all enjoyed it as much as me, whether it was on the tv or at any of the events.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig