29/07/2014

Time for a catch up

While I have friends living on the same street, sometimes theres nothing better than a visit from those that live a little further away. Fran lives down in England and I haven't seen her in what seems like forever so when she said she was coming up to visit I got pretty excited. Naturally we had a lot of catching up to do and what better way to do that than over some food and a nice glass of wine.

Our restaurant of choice for the evening was Zizzi, I have to really be in the mood for Italian food, sometimes I find it a bit boring but on this occasion it was exactly what I wanted. I was so hungry so decided an entire portion of garlic bread was a good idea.


This was swiftly followed by my pollo piccanti pizza, which is definitely my favourite pizza on their menu. Between bites we managed to catch up on our new jobs, and how much we've been learning over the last wee while.


Next came dessert, which we decided to share cause we couldn't quite manage one each, so we went for a light lemon sorbet with meringue. I love a good coffee so had to have a cappuccino to accompany dessert.


Feeling rather stuffed and all caught up on each others daily lives we headed back to my place for a cup of tea and a movie before calling it a night.

Luckily we had a whole day left of catching up so we enjoyed a bit of a lie in and a lazy morning before heading to our favourite place for a bite of lunch. Cup in the centre of town, maybe you'll remember my macarons? Anyway this time it was moroccan mint tea and a bagel with beef, cheese and caramelised onion, and yes it was even better than it sounds.































I promise we didn't just eat for 24 hours but we love our food which is why thats what I'm sharing with you, after all thats the whole point of this blog. Just to prove it here is Fran in the park. It was a nice day which makes a change up here so we had to make the most of it even if it did get colder pretty quickly.



We had a lovely 24 hours, its a shame it wasn't longer but we made the most of the time we had which is all that matters.







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig