02/07/2014

#SNAGS14

Having recently moved to Aberdeen, i've spent my time trying to organise and just get settled in. Trying to get back into some kind of routine is hard, especially when I have a lot of new things going on.

Anyway this meant I'd barely seen water until a little visit from my family for SNAGS (Scottish National Age Group Championships). This is quite possibly the biggest competition of the year for age group swimmers, the best young kids battle it out to become the National Age Group Champion and a lucky few even manage to break Scottish or British records! Scottish Swimming really are producing some amazingly talented young people right now, it makes me even more excited to see what will happen at the Commonwealth Games that start in just a few weeks

It was the first time I'd been to the new aquatics centre, with its 50m competition pool, 25m training pool and diving boards. I must say they've done a great job of it, I can't wait for the chance to actually swim in it!

Rather than make the kids look back with my amazing swimming (not!) I thought i'd sit this one out and watch from the spectators gallery. Every session had a different colour of wrist band and by the end of watching my brother swim I had quite the collection, thank goodness I wasn't there everyday.

























Even though I wasn't actually in the pool, it was good to be near one again, I just find them so relaxing. It has given me a little motivation to get organised and back into the pool before I end up back at square one.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma's Joys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig